Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring - New York and thoughts...

These are pictures from my girls trip last Spring. It was beautiful weather, great company and a great time. I love photo's. They take us back in memory to where we were, the smell and the feeling of an event. Ahh I wish I could go back to New York.

I love tulips. Their beautiful. They don't last long. That's how spring is. If it ever arrives. It stays but for a moment. I have been sick all weekend and just feeling down. This time of year does that to me. It has high's- sunny days, flowers starting to bloom and fresh air. It also has grey days, clouds and rain and even snow.

My thoughts have been many this weekend. Conference does that to me. It makes me reflect. It helps me to recommit. To improve and it helps fill up my reserve.

Conference talks always seem to be just what I need to hear. Like the talks were taylor made for me. I learned that I need to have more faith. That I need to do my best and know that it is all I can do. That I need to understand what the Savior did for me... for all of us and let him do it. I get in the way. I need to trust and know that I am loved.

I need to learn that my thoughts of failure of not being enough, that all and any negative thoughts are not coming from my Father in Heaven. They are actually tools that Satan is using againts me. Yes there are thoughts to bring us to repentance but Heavenly Father does it with love. That is different than the feelings of sadness of despair and depression. Those are Satans biggest tools to use against women.

Heavenly Father wants us to be happy. To have JOY in the journey. It seems so simple and so hard at the same time. I am a worrier. I re-live and re-look at my life too often. I wonder what if. I wonder Why? I can have a million thoughts a thousand worries in minutes. I can worry about today, yesterday, last week, last year, when I was a child all in a few minutes. Then there's the worries of today, tomorrow, next week, next year and so forth. These worries are about me and double the thoughts for my children and Neil and all those I love.
That's a lot of worry. I need to let go... I need to move on...I need to have faith...I need to know that my Savior is there and he will help me with my worries with my burden's and with my sorrows and regrets.

I love the scripture that was quoted in a conference talk."Lord I believe help thou my unbelief..."

How do you do it? How do you stay on the positive side? I would love to know what works for you. How do you keep negative thoughts out and positive in. How do you not re-live the past or worry about the future. How do you keep the balance.

2 comments:

Sarah Atwood said...

My personal rule is to "not allow" myself to worry about something that I am no longer in control of. What good does worrying do if there is nothing I can do to change whatever it is I may be worrying about? This has made my life much less stressful. I also always try to find the positive in a negative situation...although hard at times to see, something good always comes out of every situation even if it's learning what NOT to do next time! :) Love Ya! :)

bestark said...

I used to be a BIG worrier, then I got better and now I can feel myself heading back to worrying again. So I don't know how to fix it. I think we worry because we care so much. Robbie is usually the only one that can calm me down. Listening to conference helps me to center myself. BTW, I love your NY photos - spring is such a pretty time of year there.