Monday, April 5, 2010

Moments that make your heart swell

We all have them- moments that make your heart swell. Moments that you take notice of and give a special thanks to heaven for. I am getting better at recognizing these moments. However small or uneventfully they may seem.

As a young mother I would look ahead or to the next task or thing I needed to do. Or live in the WHEN. When this happens or when that works out then this. No there is no when and no if. There is now and there is this moment.

As I have gotten older and life has taken turns and twists I have grown. I have learned that life truly is made up of small moments of joy that we can sometimes miss if we aren't paying attention. How I wish I could go back in time and re-live moments and have more apprecition and more gratitude for them.

4 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

So true! I'm constantly trying to remind myself of this.

Travis Atwood said...

Great post Jeannie!

LyndiLou said...

Thanks for the great reminder! Enjoy yourself... and be glad that you've learned this lesson now, since it's never too late!

bestark said...

Time passes too fast. I'm glad you reminded me to catch the moments I can treasure forever.