Monday, April 5, 2010

Time


Time goes by so fast. I have been a bad blogger lately. I miss it! That may seem strange but it is my way to document and record my life. It is my journal, my scrapbook. New goal to start blogging more.

We have all been busy and time keeps going by so fast...

Neil is busy with work, his foundation and working out.  He is also busy planning and saving towards our 25th Anniversary trip. He is going to surprise me. He is amazing that way. He has many things in the works and many plans. I love his vest for life and how he makes things happen. Neil is such a hard worker and deserves success. I loved watching him take Aaron to Priesthood and Outback Saturday. That feels my heart with joy. They have been going to Priesthood and Outback every conference session since Aaron turned 12. Neil is one of a kind and I love him so much. He does have a few faults but I think he is perfect!

Aaron is busy with school and work. He is trying to decide what to do for a career. He is done with all electives and most of his core classes. It is time to decide for sure. I say anything that will get him a job. I know some people who graduated last year and they can't get a job. Aaron is dating but nothing too serious yet. Some of his friends are getting married. That seems strange that they are all that old. Aaron is going on a cruise with his friends as soon as school is out. I am so happy for him.

Kinsey is busy with school and she is also working full time. It is a lot and she is alwasy at school or working. She has decided to go Vegan again. I hope this time she doesn't get as sick as she did last time. Fingers crossed. Last week was animal rights week at UVU. Kinsey went to some activities and she was on the news protesting a mink farm. Kinsey loves animals. If only I could get her to give her dog a bath (smile). This week at UVU is service week. This is also something Kinsey is big at doing. She will have another big week. Kinsey is still deciding on school but I think she is wanting to be a therapist. That is a lot of schooling but I know she can do anything she sets her mind to. Kinsey is planning a trip to Seattle this summer. That is her dream place to live some day. I hope it doesn't happen. I am selfish and want her to live close by me.

Sammy is busy with school and her social life. She is looking for a job. They are hard to come by for teens but she is a hard worker. She would love to nanny for the summer or she hopes to get certified and wants to work at a swimming pool. Sammy and I are headed for a mom and me trip to Las Vegas for Spring Break to look for a prom dress and enjoy the sunshine (if there is any). Sammy's friend will be living in New York this summer and we want to go visit her really bad. So hopefully we can swing that. Money really should grow on trees.

Me I am busy with work and house and family etc. I have a hard time talking about me and what I'm busy doing. My mind wanders to all I should be doing or didn't get done. But...I am working on it. I say I am a work in progress. It is kindof my thing.

I came across this saying and I love it. “We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.” Joseph Campbell
I so need to do this. I think this may need to be my new motto. Life is so good and full of blessings and so hard and full of worry and heart pains.

I am grateful for my blessings and for a beautiful Easter and Conference. What a combination. It should be like that every year. It made Easter seem more special.

2 comments:

LyndiLou said...

What a great update! :) I just adore your family... so it's always fun to hear what's up! :) You're great!

bestark said...

Good to catch up on everyone! I love your quote from Joseph Campbell. My life is nothing like I planned but so much fuller than I expected.