Saturday, July 26, 2008

Girls Camp 2008

Sammy went to girls camp this last week. 
I am a Young Womens leader and I went up on the 24th with some other leaders to spend some time with the girls.
Sammy was the only 4th year girl going on the hike. When I got to Camp Shallom they were just getting ready to go on the hike clear to the top of the mountain. They asked if I wanted to go with Sammy. At first I look up at the top of the mountain and said inside
NO Way can you make it.
But I wanted to go with Sammy and make a memory. So I gave it a try.

I made it to the top! I stopped several times to rest but I did it.

That is really out of my "out of shape" comfort zone to climb a mountain.

Sammy you were so patient and helpful.

You were so proud that I went on the hike and that I made it to the top of the mountain.
I worried I wouldn't make it but you kept cheering me on.
I am so glad I went on the hike with you Sammy.
It was a great memory.

This is at the top looking down.

There is still snow on the top of the mountain.

Look at the pretty purple flowers on the left.

BEAUTIFUL!

Sammy I loved spending time with you.

This was our group that made it to the top of lone pine mountain.

4 comments:

Sienna said...

I love camp Shalom! That's were I went. And it's a big hike up to lone pine. Good job.

Anonymous said...

Good job Sammy & Jeannie, that is quite a hike! It is so beautiful up there. I love it.

Tricia said...

Congrats on making it to the top! I LOVE Shalom. What a wonderful memory!

Anonymous said...

mom i am so proud that you did that hike with me! you are getting so much better at stuff like that you areawsome! you made it!
i love you!