Sunday, September 7, 2008

23rd Wedding Anniversary

Have I really been married 23 years? Everyone says it but it is true. Time goes by so fast.
Our Anniversary was on August 30th. I am a little late in posting this.
Happy Anniversary Neil.
Thank you Neil for 23 great years. I love being married and having a best friend.
One who is there during the good times and who is especially there when things are a challenge. We have been through many wonderful times and some times where we needed one another and it seemed that all we had was one another to rely on.
Neil you have always been there for me and I am so grateful for your love and support.
I am proud of you. You are an amazing husband and the father I always wished for my children. I can't wait to celebrate even more anniversaries.
I sure had short hair. I am not sure why I don't have any of these pictures in color.
I think that it was because we were doing black and white on our invitations.
We were on a strict budget since I paid for my own wedding.
Not too many pictures or extras.
I love you Neil. Look at my big goofy smile. It was like that in all the photos.
I always called you my diamond in the rough. We were friends for many years
before we were married. I always felt a closeness to you. I think we connected
from the first moment I met you at Pizza Hut when I was 16 years old. It has been
a wonderful connection with one another. You are definatley my diamond... always
shining bright and loving me like no one else every could.
I thank you and I am so excited to share eternity with you.

You have always made our Anniversaries special. You have planned them every year. You have surprised me with trips and get aways. Some of my favorites are the first time we stayed at Anniversary Inn. It was brand new and so exciting to stay in such a fun, romantic place. Our trip up the coast of California. We stopped along the way wherever we wanted to stay. We drove and saw so many beautiful things. We talked and talked and were together for a solid week just enjoying one anothers company. You have sent me on treasure hunts. You did the 12 years of our anniversary where you did something for me for 12 days. You made me Anniversary movies and given me special gifts. You truly have shown me that you love me enough to show me each year that being married to me is something that brings you happiness.

6 comments:

Amber said...

Oh how cute! Congrats, I have always thought you two were a great couple. Love you guys!

Prestclan said...

When Neil talks about meeting the love of his life at Pizza Hut I assumed he was talking about a extra large Meat-lovers. Now I get it.

Kobi said...

23 years!! Wow congrats, happy anniversary. I loved seeing the wedding pictures, so cute!! You and Neil are so cute together.

Tricia said...

Loved the photos! It is so amazing how quickly time goes.
So glad you have a best friend you can spend eternity with!

Heidi said...

Happy Anniversary! How fun to see your wedding photos...you two are such a great couple.

bestark said...

Congratulations on 23 years! I'm glad to have known you for 20 of them. You guys are great!