Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The smell of home!

I love the smell of homemade bread baking in the oven. It makes me feel old fashioned. It makes me feel like I am being a good mom. That maybe I am making a memory of something my children will remember.

For the last year I have tried to make homemade bread at least twice a month usually more. I make 3 double size loaves at a time which would equal 6 normal loaves of bread. Last week I made a batch of bread on Thursday night and by Sunday all the bread was gone. We had the kids friends over and they all enjoyed bread with jam or toast with chocolate milk. It was fun to hear them say "homemade bread" like it was such a treat.

3 comments:

Sienna said...

mmmmm.... Now I'm hungry. My favorite thing as a kid was going to Grandmas when she had a hot loaf of homemade bread coming out of the oven. Nothing better than that.

bestark said...

Wow you are a super mom. I love homemade bread. Unfortunately I can't do much with any recipe that calls for yeast. Maybe someday I'll learn. Until then I count on my bread machine but I only get one loaf at a time. You're amazing!

Anonymous said...

yummm.... my mouth is watering!! You are amazing!!