Saturday, August 7, 2010

Grandma turns 80!

We are all so lucky to have grandma in our lives.
She is such a special lady.

Family Tree Cake.
Grandmas children and their spouses.


Around the cake is all the grand children and great grand children's names.


When I married Neil I was so blessed to have him as a husband.
But one of the greatest gifts was this special lady.
She has been a mother to me for the last 25 years. How lucky am I.
I lost my mom when I had just turned 10 years old and always hoped that when I got married I could again have a mom. I sure have been lucky. She has taught me so many things. Most of the things I have learned from her has been by watching her and seeing a wonderful example. She has helped me and loved me and been so important to me and my family. I only hope to be like her in some small way.

We had been hot all day outside 
and Neil and Aaron had played tennis and wiffle ball and Sammy was sick. 
Not our greatest looks. We were happy to celebrate grandma's 80th birthday with her. 
We missed you McKinsey so much. You were in our hearts all day.

1 comments:

bestark said...

I have good memories of Vila. She is such a kind woman. I just can't believe she is 80 - she doesn't look it!