Thursday, June 26, 2008

I hope they call me on a Mission!

This is a picture of Aaron on the day he opened his mission call. He had just gotten back from a week in LakePowell.

You are called to serve in the Oaxaca Mexico Mission. Later while in the MTC Aarons call was changed because the Oaxaca mission was temporarily closed. Aaron was re-called to the Mexico City South mission.

Aaron has been on his two year mission since November 2006. Aaron has grown so much.

We as a family have a saying
"I aint gonna lie I'm a hurtin" We have missed Aaron so badly. No we wouldn't want him any other place he is where we would wish he would be. He is doing the right thing.

Serving our Heavenly Father is the best and greatest thing. It's just the mom in me. The dad in Neil and the brother who is missed by the girls. There has been a void. Something is always missing. A piece of our hearts are in Mexico. Some days it has seemed too hard to much of a sacrafice. The ups and downs of a mission is like a roller coaster ride. Highs and lows...dips and drops...rising to the top.

We received an email from Aaron today and it touched me. It showed me his growth. His spirit. His Love for the Book of Mormon and the gosple. This is the reward. This is where any sacrafice seems so worth it.

The email humbled me...It made me realize I am sometimes...too often like the people he speaks of who are always wanting more or something better. I am reminded what is important. I am going to complete Aaron's challenge. After all there is no way I am not going to win the contest and get the first hug when he walks off that plane.

Please join us in Aaron's challenge. 4 1/2 months is plenty of time to read the Book of Mormon.

Here is the email. I know this post is long. I feel important so if you have kept reading I hope you to will be touched.


hey family!!!
whats up? how is every one doing?? How is the summer treating ya??

This week went alright. We are finding some problems we aren't finding that many people that want to listen. Here it's a lot different the people are a lot poorer they just have a shed for houses and don't really have any worldly possessions. A lot of people haven't finished school. Some of them can't even read that well.

We are so lucky to live where we do, with the gospel and the homes and the food we have and the jobs cars, TVS etc.. But we take it all for granted and we dont want to study we dont want to finish school. Or study the gospel we dont take advantage of the things and the opportunities we have. We are lazy!!

These people would kill for a 86 Nissan pickup truck or a 2000 alero or half the size of the house we have. But sadly at times we are not grateful for what we've got. We should love our lives the way they are as poor as it is or as rich as it is. The TVs. cars. medals, recognition, houses, pools trucks, cool lizards. they are all great. but thats not whats most important. All that will end one day or fade away or lose its taste. The scriptures say we can't take these things with us when we die. So why do we want them so much?? instead of focusing on what others need and helping we focus on what car were going to buy next or if we can get into a bigger cooler house. Or what's the newest I pod or game system. But that is all in vain.

We are fools at times but its normal. Lets try to help a little more. lets try to be a little better a little stronger. Lets work on the things that matter. Lets labor on developing spiritual gifts. helping others... there is no greater joy. But yet the natural man keeps us desiring the cars trucks houses fame etc...

Things are going pretty good right now we have some challenges but thats normal. The food is different here they eat more spicy food the tortillas are mostly hand made and so they are better. The ward is pretty small there are a lot of in-actives. We have 5 different little towns that we work in. Its raining a lot.

I have a challenge for ya guys. Well as you all know I have 5 months left. In this 5 months I challenge you all to read the book of Mormon!!!!!!!! I promise you as you read this book not only will you grow closer to God you will be blessed and your life will change. pay attention as you read to what you think about what thoughts come to mind and act upon them. I love the book of Mormon. I know you guys can read it in 5 months because I have read it in 3 weeks when our mission president had challenged us!! Of coarse there has gotta be a reward. I dont know what reward that will be heres are a few options.
1. 1st hug when I get off the plane
2. A sweet hat from Mexico one of those big ones there called sombrero.
3. The 1st date when I get home a dinner and a movie
4.you choose
Those are some options you guys tell me the next Monday what the reward is alright???
Is that cool with you??
If all finish maybe we might just have to go on a family trip or something.
I would also remind you guys. and ask you this question
Are you saying your prays at least 2 times a day. you read your scriptures everyday. do you pray as a family do you read as a family. Do you have family home evening as much as possible. I know this to be important. When we dont pray and read we tend to fall into temptation. prayer is so important and so power full. Its like our sheild. and what happens when the enemy comes and take a blow at our sheild well we are protected and it doesn't hurt us. But what happens if we let our guard down just for one day 1 prayer we didn't... 1 day we didn't read the scripture. Baaaaaaaaaammmmmmm it takes a huge blow with all he has got. Satan trembles when we are on our knees cuz he knows when he cant take a shot at our soul cuz we are protected.
Please read please pray I love you guys, have a good week. mom sorry no pictures this week I didn't have time ill try this week to take some pictures.
I love you guys
have a good day
love
Elder Warner

1 comments:

Sienna said...

I love reading letters from missionaries. It kinda puts everything in perspective. Makes you realize how much better you can be doing. Aaron is awesome.