Saturday, June 7, 2008

Surprise Date!


Last night Neil surprised me with a really fun date. We went to the Hard Rock Cafe in Salt Lake City and saw Emerson Hart in concert. Emerson was amazing. He has a great voice. I love a great male voice. As good or better live. Emerson was lead singer for Tonic and has now gone solo.

Neil and I liked every song. The last song he played was cigarettes and gasoline. It is a tribute/memory to his father who was murdered when Emerson was 10 years old. Cigarettes and the smell of gasoline are memories Emerson has of his father. He sang it with such emotion and was a little teary. The crowd was so quiet. I even saw a few tears... a few were mine. I can relate to losing a parent. 
It was so incredible.

Neil thanks for giving me a great night and another fun memory to add to all the other wonderful things you do for me. 

I sure am a lucky girl!

2 comments:

Samantha Warner said...

mom! i am so glad you and dad got to go to that concert! it seemed like alot of fun! i love you so much thank you for everything that you do! i love you! lets plan a date soon k?

love sammy :)

Sienna said...

How fun! Over the years I've heard lots of stories about neil surprising you with fun dates. That's so cool.