Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The little things in life...Living

Today I got a text from Aaron. It read "I just want to say I love ya! And say thanks for all the things you do. Even the little things like making smoothies or dinner. It means a lot. Thanks Mom."

Life is full of stress and worry sometimes. It sure is nice to get little things that make you say Ahhh! The little moments are what add up to a full and happy life.

I only made one new years resolution this year I made myself a motto. My motto is "I want to live". Living to me means fully being in each moment. Fully appreciating each moment. Taking time to notice, taking time for me, taking time to refill and fulfill my covenants and commitments. Not always saying yes, but when I do say yes mean it and fulfill it. Trying to get to know myself. Isn't that funny? I am 42 years old and I am still discoverying who I am. My likes, my dislikes.

In the movie Runaway Bride. Julie Roberts character doesn't know herself very well so she goes about trying to find what she likes and dislikes. She starts with eggs. She had all the different kinds of eggs to see which kind she liked. I don't know why but that movie struck me. It wasn't my favorite movie but I could relate to not knowing myself or morfing into what others needed me to be. But not really knowing me. We pleasers do that.

So this year 2009 is my year of discovery. Honestly I am a little scared and find myself procrastinating some things or letting my usual habits of every one else first get in my way. Us moms and wives do that don't we. In ways we feel it's our job and yes it is yet...

I hope to share my discoveries and random moments with you. Well really with myself but you all have access if you wish. In each of you I see special talents and gifts I would love to have. Uniqueness and fun quirky ways that you may not know but you inspire me.

I wish I could have...

Neils ability to have fun and for his desire and ability to help others.
McKinsey's unique way of looking at things and her ability to accept and love.
Sammy's smile and the happiness she brings to others.
Aaron's sensitivity, kindness and love.
Grandma's patience and selflessness.
Celete's ability to be a true friend that stands by and stands up for you.
Karen's ability to listen and talk.
Kobi's smile and easy going nature.
Tiffany's beauty.
Chelsea's ability to express her deep feelings with words that are beautiful and amazingly deep and personal. Chels you amaze me and I think you should write a book.
Crystal's talent at being a mom and being so kind.
Sienna always looking at the bright side of things, for always wanting to help others and for her beautiful eyes that shine with light and love.

Todd's ability to understand and to rise above and be positive.
Amber's design skills.
Russ's fire starting skills and talent with making tasty meat.
Melissa's dedication. To school, callings, family.
Stephanie Koss I would love her camera and her photo skills.
Colett and her unique blog and fun way that makes me laugh and want to stalk her blog oh and her amazing talents.
Brooke for being my kindred spirit someone I will always love and feel close to even when we are far away and not in contact too often.
Deloy's ability to come to the rescue and just because I love him so much.
Michelle's ability to raise a close and loving family.
Jodi and her gift for speaking and making others feel welcomed and accepted
Peggy's cooking skills I try and I have my family fooled but no one is like you.
Sarah always greeting others with a smile. beautiful
Travis's talent for climbing although I don't know if I can ever get over my fear of heights.
Ben's photogenic nature.
The Heidi's because their so cute and I wish I could have a baby. Although it may have to be grandbabies some day. Not too soon.
Shallon and Bryans ability to always be there for important moments and for living their lives as examples even if they aren't aware of it.
Sheila's ability to care and make effort and love. No one kinder in the world.
Trish's ability to confront people but somehow they still love her. Gift of talk
.

And for all the rest you also touch me in many ways. I know I have left some off but that's just because it's been a LONG day and my brain is fried.

Thanks to you all for your love, support and inspiration.

6 comments:

Amber said...

I love you! You have always been amazing to me, and you have always been my favorite Aunt. It's amazing the different talents other people have in our lives. I've always believed that having different creative people around me is what makes me who I am! It's how I learn and grow.

I got your message about the Blog title. I can make something for you and leave the places for pictures blank if you like. Photoshop is a very complex program to learn. If you are interested I was thinking of doing some easy step by step projects on my AMG Design blog for anyone that can use some help. They will mostly be basic scrapbook pages, collages, blog titles, and photo editing. If you are interested email me or send me a message on facebook.

Sarah Atwood said...

Jeanie you are incredible! I admire what you are to your family as a wife and as a mother. I hope that someday I can compare :) Thanks for alway keeping up with our blog and your words of encouragement..they mean so much to both of us! We need to see you guys more often!

Heidi said...

LOVE your attitude! You are always so optimistic and have such a way with words. Simple things are usually ALWAYS the best.

I love being able to keep in touch with you through the blogging world and like Sarah, thank you for your comments, both Ben and I enjoy reading them.

Stephanie Koss said...

i love this blog its so sweet, my mom loves it too :]

and ya now you just take the picture and print it off then take a picture of the picture, its so fun huh?! i got it off of a sight called photojojo.com and they have the cutest ideas to do with photos and other stuff, oh and both post it and then e-mail it to me so i can keep track of it.

and we havent been geocaching in a long time but i love your idea! we should really do something like that if we have a big family gathering over the summer :]

bestark said...

You made me cry Jeannie! I love to read all about your thoughts and journies, it's like I get to be there with you sometimes. I laugh at our similarities with where we are in our lives and where we have been. I love you and think of you all the time.

Sienna said...

It's amazing you can find some good in everyone. To see and appreciate others abilities and strength's is an incredible thing. I find myself all the time thinking I want to do more for others. You've inspired me to start because it can be as simple as showing admiration. thanx.