Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Fantasy Birthday

I haven't posted to my blog in a long time. But I'm back to share my Fantasy Birthday.
I call it my fantasy birthday because Neil used his winnings from fantasy football to pay for my birthday get away or it for sure would not have happened. But the most important reason is because it was truly a girls fantasy. I am so lucky. I don't mean to brag but I truly have the most loving and thoughtful husband.

We left on a Thursday night and it was deluxe all the way. Neil packed the car up with my favorite snacks and we drove to Las Vegas. . We arrive in Las Vegas and checked in to our hotel The Bellagio. It is a five star hotel. Very fancy. It was during the Chinese New Year so it was all decked out in Oriental decor. They have an indoor garden that is beautiful and it changes each holiday. Our room looked over the fountains and we had a beautiful view of the Eiffel Tower at the Paris hotel. Just beautiful.




He said he had a special date planned and wouldn't tell me anything about it except to dress up. He gave me money to buy new clothes before we left which was so fun. I don't usually buy myself a lot of clothes there is always needs the kids have or just no extra money so this was a nice treat. Neil says get ready and then I will come pick you up. A real date. So he rings the door bell. Can you believe our hotel room had a door bell. It made me jump when it rang. I come to the door to greet my handsome date and he has a dozen roses. I know auhhhhhhhhhh!
We get in a cab and drive to the Venetian hotel and I find out my special date. Phantom of the Opera. I have been to The Phantom twice before in Chicago and Salt Lake. But this was something so much better. Oh WOW!!! The Phantom theater was built just for the show and it was truly something else. The special effects and costumes were unbelievable. It was so AMAZING!!!! We had regular tickets but lucky us someone came up to us and moved us up to 3rd row seats middle. Great view. Neil loved the special effects and the smile on my face which was there the whole night but not so much some of the music. He was so cute and said "don't they talk at all?" What a good sport.

The weekend continued I got to stay three nights. The next day we slept in went to a movie and to our favorite restaurant The Cantina in the Venetian it is amazing mexican food and it's along the canal. It is one of our favorite places. We then went to a really fun adventure. It's called Mystery Adventures and basically it is a live Clue game. So fun.
There was Neil and I and 5 other couples from Texas, California and Florida. This is an elaborate game where you drive to different locations like a video store, a newspaper office and a doctors office. We looked in computers, surveillance tapes, lockers. At the end we found clues to a hidden room. We found the locket and solved the mystery. I guess not all groups solve the mystery so we were real good detectives. This would be a really fun activity to do with all your friends or family. They change the mystery every six months.
The next day Neil got me a massage. Deluxe and so fun to be pampered and then that night we went to a really fun dinner at the strangest restaurant it was not like anywhere I have ever been. It was at the Palazzo called Lavo. It's a Mediterranean restaurant and was very chic. The food was so good. It was fun to go somewhere so different. After dinner Neil surprised me with dancing. You read right we went dancing and had so much fun. We are even thinking of taking lessons. I know mid-life crisis. But really we had a blast dancing and laughing together. We weren't the best dancers but we didn't care.

Neil thanks so much for treating me so special and for giving me the best birthday ever. I sure am lucky and I love you so much.

When we got home the kids had cleaned the house and Sammy made a really nice dinner. The kids made me a video with music and pictures and they each had an interview where they talked and said really nice things. Tova (kinseys dog) was interviewed. Aaron did a funny voice and talked as if he was Tova. It was the funniest thing ever we laughed so hard. Thanks kids for being such great kids and Aaron for babysitting.

I am so blessed and so lucky to have you all as my family. I love you all so much.

Our camera broke down as we got there so no digital pictures. We bought a throw away camera but I haven't gotten around to getting them developed. We sure are lucky now days with digital cameras. I'll add in photo's later if any turn out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun Birthday surprise! Good Job Neil and kids. Happy belated Birthday Jeannie!

Sarah Atwood said...

what a fantastic surprise! sounds like you guys had a blast! :)

Heidi said...

Awesome, awesome, husband!! It's so nice to be pampered every once in a while. Happy late birthday!

Stephanie Koss said...

hey aunt jeannie!!

oh man i would love to do photos for Kinsey! she has the cutest style :]

all i charge is $50 for a standard sitting fee then however much printing is if you want me to send them to get printed, if you just want the cd with the shoot then i charge $75

the best days for me would be saturday so i could make it up north without having to worry about school

by the way happy late birthday! my mom and i want to see phantom in vegas pretty badly

STEPHANIE said...

WOW! That is an amazing date! I could so use that right now! What a great guy to plan that all out and make it all about you!

Anonymous said...

Wow Jeannie!!! Amazing B-day! Neal is pretty awesome. Happy birthday!
love, Shallon