Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

I tried using Aaron's camera since mine is still not working. I loaded the memory card in wrong so all the Valentine's Day pictures are no where. We had a good day yesterday and today celebrating Valentine's Day. Neil hates Valentines Day. He hates the cost of things and being told to show love on this certain day. It makes me laugh. He is so amazing at all holidays and birthdays. But Valentine's Day is one he hates. So knowing this we have turned Valentine's Day into a show of love for our kids and us as a family.

The girls and I went to the movie Confessions of a Shopoholic (cute, fun movie). Then we went shopping and then the boys and I went to Out Back. Out Back opened at noon and there was and hour wait right from the start. A popular Valentine's dinner. The kids all had plans with friends so Neil and I hung out the rest of the night at home with a fire.

Today Sunday we were lucky to have Grandma with us and we had a nice dinner. Neil got everyone flowers and wrote all the girls notes. *Sweet* We also have a tradition of going around the table and sharing our love and thoughts with each other. I cry every year. It is the best feeling when your family is expressing their love to one another. It sure does make me feel so blessed and so lucky.

I am sad the photo's didn't turn out. There were some cute ones. I sure need to get my camera fixed because I hate not having photo's.

I hope you all had a good day. Someone at work said Valentine's Day is Single Awareness Day or SAD. Ahhh that makes me feel bad for those who are single. It makes me take note of the blessing I have of being married and having a husband who loves me.

0 comments: