Monday, May 5, 2008

Baked Potatoe's - Family Tradition????

Fluff with a fork... Put lots of butter on it add salt & pepper then cheese. Make sure it is melted.

My family (minus my sweet vegan Kinsey) favorite Sunday Dinner. Steak, Baked Potatoe, bread sticks and corn on the cob. We had this meal yesterday. Early for corn but it was actually good. I got the corn from Harmon's. The sign said fresh corn from California. We have summer/spring fever and wanted to grill out. It was yummy!!


Can a baked potatoe be a family tradition? Well it is in the Warner household. Huh you ask. Well Neil likes butter and cheese on his baked potatoes and many many years ago he asked me to fix his potatoe. I do it for him one time. Being the nice...wife that I am and after that it was could you fix it please? You do it so good. You do it so good is code for I want you to do it.

Well after 23 years of marriage it has long been a tradition. I do it so good and I fix the baked potatoe just like Neil likes. Fluff with a fork...butter, salt & Pepper and cheese. Making sure the cheese gets melted.

Ok I know you are all thinking... Old Fashioned. He can fix his own potatoe. What???? or some other version. I say I love it. I knew I had created a family tradition when my son who is living in Mexico and had been away from home only a few months said one of the things he missed was Sunday Dinners and me fixing his baked potatoe. To me that is SUCCESS!!!

Hopefully my family won't put "she fixed the best baked potatoes" on my head stone. But hey I guess there are worse things to be known for.

Bottom line is I love making Sunday Dinners and I love making my family happy. One more tradition I should tell you about so you don't think I am totally old fashioned. My husband and kids do sunday dishes. Lucky me!

2 comments:

Samantha Warner said...

Mom your so great for allways making us sunday dinner! they are allways so yummy! and you go all out with your gormet skills! i love you!

Kobi said...

I totally agree that we should get my family blogging, but I doubt that it will ever happen.
I need the receipe for those rolls!! I was drooling looking at your picture. I remember those rolls. They are great.