Thursday, November 20, 2008

He's Home



He's home... Ok I admit. I lost it when I saw him. The plane was delayed a half an hour which felt like forever. 
Finally the moment is here and we see the missionaries walking towards the esculator. Aaron is the first missionary. Wait...they keep walking past where they should have come down the stairs. The airport workers were trying to tell them where to go and then the workers gave us the wait a minute sign. What is going on?
They were scared...later Aaron told us that they just couldn't come down and they went over to the side and said a prayer. I can't imagine the emotion. They are no longer missionaries. That is sad for them. They are begining a new chapter in their lives.

I was so emotional and I just pushed my way towards Aaron and just cried and held on to him. It was a long yet wonderful two years. Well done my son.

The kids made some great posters.

This was the moment. I was just crying. Neil and Aaron together.
Ahhh my heart is full. Neil couldn't let go.

The girls finally have their big brother home.
Together as a family again.
Welcome Home Aaron

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home Aaron!!! We are so excited for all of you to have him home. What a special day.

Tricia said...

Only one word: AWESOME!

Kobi said...

Jeanie I will bet you are so excited to have Aaron home! How is he adjusting? Is he already back in life? Did he like the new house?

Sienna said...

Yay! Finally. Todd and I were talking yesterday about how excited we are to see him and hear everything. Welcome Home Aaron! You've been greatly missed.

Anonymous said...

welcome home Aaron! WE can't wait to see you!
Love Bryan and Shallon

bestark said...

I am so grateful that you gave me your blog address so I could share times like these from so far away! Seeing your photos and reading your words made me cry (happy tears). You are such a lucky family.