Friday, November 7, 2008

Coming Home

Elder Aaron Keith Warner will be returning
from his mission on November 19th, 2008 at 4:00 pm.

This was some mission pictures we had taken before Aaron left on his mission.
Ah I miss this boy. I know he is now a man. But...to me he will always be my boy. My baby boy and only son. I wonder will he look the same? Sound the same? Feel the same? My mind is swirling with thoughts, with worries, with joy and love. Mostly my heart is so full and tears are close to the surface. My son is coming home. I have missed him. I have needed him.

This was our last goodbye. To look back now I am amazed at how much has happened in the last two years. We have had joys and sorrows. Good times and some of the roughest times of my life. I have grown in the last two years. I hope I can remember and keep in my heart all that I have learned.

Our family has been blessed. I don't think we would have made it through our challenging time if Aaron wasn't keeping us going by serving his mission. When we thought we couldn't move forward or make it. He would send us a letter and it would say just the right thing. He seemed to know what we needed.

I am full of gratitude to my Heavenly Father. I have never prayed harder in my life. I have felt my prayers being answered and I have had such peace and comfort over my prayers for Aaron.
Heavenly Father watches out for his missionaries and their families.
The 19th can't come soon enough. I am so excited. Today I worked on getting his room ready. It was so fun to do. I got teary touching his clothes and getting things ready for him.
11 days to go...

2 comments:

bestark said...

Every day I think about you and Aaron. I can't wait to hear all about the reunion. We have good friends whose son goes into the MTC on the 19th. He will be in Italy for the next two years.

Amber said...

I am so excited for you guys! I also just found out Jason has the day off of work so we will be attending Aaron's Homecoming on the 23rd! Love you and see you soon!

Amber