Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Chocolate Factory

Chocolate's

My sister in law Peggy and her daughter Jodi invited me to make chocolates with them about six years ago and we have made them every year since. I love making chocolates for the Holidays. It is a lot of work. Unless you have made them you have no idea how much time and money it takes to get to the finished product. 

It starts with making the centers for the chocolates we do this on our own and then bring the centers to Jodi's (my niece) house and we dip all of the chocolates. I wish I had a photo. I'll get some for next year. It is such a busy time that I didn't think to grab the camera.

I did get photo's of boxing up the chocolates.
Look at my cute helpers. Sammy was at dance and Kinsey was sick. That left the boys to help me. They were actually really good about it and a lot of help.
My favorite chocolate is the chocolate cherry's Yummy! They to me are the most work. Don't they look pretty in the shiny red paper. The boys wrapped them. Neil was so funny he was teaching Aaron how to wrap them and he knew from years past just how picky I am about how they are wrapped. 
Most people's favorite's  are the mint truffles.
Wow look at all those boxes. Now comes the fun part of giving them out.

Thanks boys you were a huge help.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! Jeannie you are amazing. Where do you get the energy? I love how the boys helped. Can't wait to taste them - - yummy!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog while searching "making chocolates" online. Have you ever heard of the how to DVD on making gourmet dipped chocolates? You may want to check it out. I put the URL under my name on this comment so you don't have to type it in

bestark said...

I have always wanted to learn how to dip chocolates. I should have known you could do, you can do everything! I hope one day you will teach me.